• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Optimism

Antonio Correia

Share your images on the theme "Optimism" ! Happiness and love is also allowed.
We do need optimism for the times to come...
I start !

i-8S4f27X-X4.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Antonio, I like your open store packed with goods and with a mood that all is fine! That’s pretty damn optimistic and a rich image.

We can’t help but wish them well!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Since you include love and
here’s icecream and loving siblings.

D6E6FEAC-6580-4FAB-9581-B44248EEE2C4.jpeg

Fuji GFX, Techart AF Adapter + Canon EF 50mm Macro
Topaz Impression, Chalk Smudge

Again I degraded the acuity of the image with a Topaz filter, but here with Chalk Smudge!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I enjoy the way you celebrate the happiness of people even though you never hide the reality of their dire straights and harsh conditions of life!

DF2FEBDB-5BDF-4B3E-8BFD-070536B942A8.jpeg

This picture shows the value of family and the bonding between a man and likely his sons or nephews. A totally handmade delivery cart with metal capped wooden wheels and driven by human effort alone!

What a huge amount of family fun!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Now I have to learn about the iconography of Hindu head markings. The red dot I recognize, gold waves is new to me!

Antonio Correia

You obviously have a manner of putting people at ease, when you photograph them Antonio. Nice images
Perhaps not Robert... I simply shoot.
Truth must be said that I take 5 or 6 shots and get one good. The others are trash
Thank you for commenting Robert ! :)
For example, in the one bellow I made 6 shots or so and elected this one.
However, I ams orry that the girls with the stripes and the boy are not looking to the phone. The others shots were worst, had more "problems" !
This shot is not photoshopped !

i-VgcHxTT-X4.jpg

Asher Kelman

Truth must be said that I take 5 or 6 shots and get one good. The others are trash
However, I ams orry that the girls with the stripes and the boy are not looking to the phone. The others shots were worst, had more "problems" !

i-VgcHxTT-X4.jpg
With “Snapseed”, pioneered here for me by Robert, one can lift up and rotate heads a tad.

Next we need AI to open their eyes, 😂 !!!

Asher

Robert Watcher

i-VgcHxTT-X4.jpg

An awesome shot in my view.

Antonio Correia

I had some difficulty with the "mountains" of coloured powders which were hard to extract some detail from...
In India, where I have done all of these shots people are very nice, cooperative and photogenic. (y)
They are suffering with C19 variant and floods these days... :cry:
We will never go there again ! :cry:

i-rJtJJ8t-X4.jpg

Asher Kelman

Wait until multiple resistant antibiotics hit us hard. The people dying will be 50,000 to 100,000 a day worldwide.

The agri industry uses antibiotics on chickens and cattle instead of giving them ample free space to defecate and eat separately.

Doctors should not be allowed to prescribe most antibiotics, as they do now routinely for stupid excuses like virus infections!

This is far more dangerous than Covid!

A simple cut could kill you!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Unfortunately the will of the people in each country is more devoted to religion, nationalism, commerce, entertainment and other distractions so that no long term planning and sacrifice is possible to save us!

Logic, facts, rationalism and biological sciences take last place in values!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Still, we do need optimism as the younger generation might surprise us and deliver us from our own self-neglect.

in my mind, each generation is better!

These are all wonderful, Antonio! I would love to see the guy with the spices setting up for the day. How incredible those high pyramids of spices. What amazing shots you share with us, thank you! :) Maggie