• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

P-51 Mustang old and L-39 Albatross New Coming in High Speed Low Pass

Don Ferguson Jr.

P-51 Mustang flown by Scott “Scotter” Yoak and the Dash Aerosports L-39 Albatross is piloted by Scott Farnsworth.
Don

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Who is footing the bill for these beautiful aircraft?

Is there some society of fliers or what?

I imagine these planes could cost $10,000 to $50,000 a year to keep airworthy!

Asher

Asher Kelman

This plane is an amazing Curtiss-Wright bloodline craft that as the P-40 singularly contributed to Britain dominating the Luftwaffe in World War II.L, not the Spitfire, (as brave as it and it’s pilots certainly were)!

BA63A8C8-8397-48C7-B822-01E119044FEE.jpeg

“The North American Aviation P-51 Mustang is an American long-range, single-seat fighter and fighter-bomberused during World War II and the Korean War, among other conflicts. The Mustang was designed in April 1940 by a design team headed by James Kindelberger[5] of North American Aviation (NAA) in response to a requirement of the British Purchasing Commission. The Purchasing Commission approached North American Aviation to build Curtiss P-40 fighters under license for the Royal Air Force (RAF). Rather than build an old design from another company, North American Aviation proposed the design and production of a more modern fighter. The prototype NA-73X airframewas rolled out on 9 September 1940, 102 days after the contract was signed, and first flew on 26 October.[6][7]“ WIKIPEDIA

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

We are very proud of this plane, the Curtis-Wright company and the pilots.

All the fabricating skills are now being applied to so many other industries to allow us to produce increasingly better flight surfaces including today, annealing, heat and plasma treatments and peening to make the most refined surface out of metal one can imagine!

I hope to use some of these advances for hardening the surfaces of my sculptures by the Pacific Ocean!