• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Padre Tiberio And The Trujillo Massacre

Peter Dexter

This coming Friday will mark the thirtieth anniversary of the last sermon in Trujillo, Colombia by Padre Tiberio. Three days later his vehicle in which he was traveling with three others was intercepted by a group of paramilitaries. His body was later found floating in the Rio Cauca. It had been decapitated and mutilated (castrated). The other passengers were never found. In the late eighties and early nineties Trujillo was the site of what became known as the Trujillo Massacre in which over two hundred individuals, mostly campesinos were were brutally murderd (in some cases chain saws were used). The murders it came to be known were carried out by right wing paramilitaries or AUC (Autodefensas Unidos de Colombia) and Cali Cartel members. The police and military were complicit. Some of the victims were labor leaders while others, the campesinos were accused of collaborating with the left wing FARC (Fuerzas Armados Revolucionarios de Colombia) arch enemies of the paramilitaries. Why the Jesuit Priest was murdered is mot known. The paramilitaries were known to carry out "social cleansing" killing drug users, prostitues and sex abusers among others. There is a monument to the massacred on a hillside just outside the village containing the tombs of many of the victims. Padre Tiberio's tomb is there.

The best film I have ever seen dealing with the conflict of those years was produced in 2010 and titled Los Colores De La Montaña (in English: The Colors of The Mountain). Paramilitaries play a principal role but both the FARC (graffiti) and the Colombian military (helicopters overhead) are referenced. Incidentally there are no scenes of killing except for a large pig blown sky high by a mine.

24014918575_1f806b0113_z.jpg

23932371491_351a3e9457_c.jpg

23719227650_8e3e915267_c.jpg

23719228010_0d43491c06_z.jpg

24014924325_03bb3b32ba_c.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am saddened by this report. It’s not to be read just once. We have to commit this to memory. This is painful as it is pointless loss! Very tragic and important to remember.

Unfortunately we easily revert to the cruelty of vindictive warring apes. But that is already an insult to most apes who are quite communal!

Asher