• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Panama Jazz Festival

Ruben Alfu

Panama Jazz Festival

Danilo Perez Trio performing during this year's event.

_MG_7279-4.jpg

Ruben Alfu : Panama Jazz Festival

_MG_7263.jpg

Ruben Alfu : Danilo Perez

_MG_7259-2.jpg

Ruben Alfu : John Patitucci

_MG_7273-2.jpg

Ruben Alfu : Brian Blade

Last edited:

Jameson Smith

Well taken shots Ruben.

I would have liked to see a bit more to the right in the first image to highlight the full stage structure and the beautiful building it backs on to. Personally i find my eyes more drawn to the sky than to the stage itself.

Out of the portraits, I like the third best as it highlights the action and emotion of the musician and brings the feel of the music to the image. I feel left wanting more with the other two portraits, perhaps a wider crop to bring more instrument into view?

Keep up the good work.

Ruben Alfu

Thanks for the CC Jameson, very good points. I seldom do this kind of photos, but I find them very fun and challenging, people who do it really well deserves a lot of respect.