• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pano & editing with GIMP

Jim Olson

2 shots with my Google Pixel 3 pasted together & did a little editing with GIMP

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jim,

I am starting to get interested in that wooden fence as there are so many different rich colors to bring out!

I wonder whether a picture from the position of you crouched low and pointing up could get just that fence and the sky?

Asher

Last edited:

Jim Olson

Jim,

I am starting to get interested in that wooden fence as there are so many different rich colors to bring out!

I wonder whether a picture from the position of you crouched low and pointing up could get just that fence and the sky?

Asher
I guess I could get more of both if I crouch. I never thought about that angle.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Nothing wrong with a peek over a fence, Jim.

Not trying to but in on your splendid photo. Just giving you some other options and ideas.

Thinking of a fence as a deterrent to visitors or a barrier for looking can be suggested in a photo.
You’ve done that nicely. I get the feeling I’d like to see more but isn’t that the nature of humans when someone prevents them from seeing more?
Think of being shorter, a worms eye view, what does a dog see, look through a hole, stand on a box. It’s about suggesting to the viewer. Give them a hint. Let them thing of what your picture offers to them.

There’s a tradition of corrugated iron fences in Australia. It’s the left over from roofing and it lasts longer.

What sort of fences do you have where you live?

Back to you, Jim.

Jim Olson

The fence doesn't look as good at this later time of day. I would have to enhance it a bit more. But used the Canon to do this pano.

Last edited:

Jim Olson

Nothing wrong with a peek over a fence, Jim.

View attachment 3672

Not trying to but in on your splendid photo. Just giving you some other options and ideas.

Thinking of a fence as a deterrent to visitors or a barrier for looking can be suggested in a photo.
You’ve done that nicely. I get the feeling I’d like to see more but isn’t that the nature of humans when someone prevents them from seeing more?
Think of being shorter, a worms eye view, what does a dog see, look through a hole, stand on a box. It’s about suggesting to the viewer. Give them a hint. Let them thing of what your picture offers to them.

View attachment 3673

There’s a tradition of corrugated iron fences in Australia. It’s the left over from roofing and it lasts longer.

What sort of fences do you have where you live?

View attachment 3674

Back to you, Jim.
Very cool... I really love the first one. The other 2 are nice also but the first is interesting...
That is so ingenious. And your take on the fence is brilliant. I never would think of a dog or worms point of view.
And looking through a hole? I wouldn't have thought of that. But that's why I'm here.
To expand my thought process through the camera lens. And to help see the world a little better.
TNX
PS. Are you a ham radio op?
73s

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Very cool... I really love the first one. The other 2 are nice also but the first is interesting...
That, Jim, is exactly the view I was asking you for!

Your fence has great colors andxall you need to do is crluchvto get tgecsky!

Tom did perfect guidecfor you!

Asher