• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

LF: Photographer and Model, Alexandria Bay.

7990540610_28ae1c0d08_b.jpg
Photographer and Model, Alexandria Bay​

Gelatin-silver photograph on Ilford MG IV VC RC, image size 24.6cm X 19.5cm, from a Tmax 400 8x10 negative exposed in a Tachihara 810HD triple extension field view camera fitted with a Fujinon-W 300mm f5.6 lens. Signed, titled, and stamped verso.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
7990540610_28ae1c0d08_b.jpg
Photographer and Model, Alexandria Bay​

Gelatin-silver photograph on Ilford MG IV VC RC, image size 24.6cm X 19.5cm, from a Tmax 400 8x10 negative exposed in a Tachihara 810HD triple extension field view camera fitted with a Fujinon-W 300mm f5.6 lens. Signed, titled, and stamped verso.

Beautiful work, Maris. I thought to myself, what a lovely couple and how pleasant the attitudes. The color tones of the two make for a great contrast. He's loaded up with cameras as if he's a young bull ready to take on a whole field of heifers! But Alexandria holds her own next to him clothed as she is with just her pose and smile!

Then I wondered if Alexandria had a web page as most professional models do; maybe she comes to Los Angeles from time to time? Well that was a surprise! Alexandria might or might not be her name but the Beach is named after her. Seems to be that it's a nude beach by tradition at least past a certain large rock, although, the police, at their whim, still give tickets for public indecency, LOL!

Well done! :)

BTW, do you know either of them?

Asher

Beautiful work, Maris. I thought to myself, what a lovely couple and how pleasant the attitudes. The color tones of the two make for a great contrast. He's loaded up with cameras as if he's a young bull ready to take on a whole field of heifers! But Alexandria holds her own next to him clothed as she is with just her pose and smile!

Then I wondered if Alexandria had a web page as most professional models do; maybe she comes to Los Angeles from time to time? Well that was a surprise! Alexandria might or might not be her name but the Beach is named after her. Seems to be that it's a nude beach by tradition at least past a certain large rock, although, the police, at their whim, still give tickets for public indecency, LOL!

Well done! :)

BTW, do you know either of them?

Asher

Alexandria Bay is a beach in the Noosa National Park. It has been used by unclad persons since time immemorial and the authorities, in spite of the letter of local law, studiously ignore it. For some years I had the nearest house to this spot and in my peregrinations with a large format camera encountered many nude people. I think the count must be up to 100 000 by now; all types: fat , thin , young, old, saints, and sinners. In other words a predictable cross-section of humanity.

Photographing the outdoor nude is easy and secure here and there is no shortage of people who will work in front of a camera for free, for art, or for a lark. Curiously the presence of a 8x10 view camera does not seem to offer threat to those folks who crave privacy or anonymity. The big camera is too conspicuous, too slow, too predictable to steal a picture. On the other hand a jerk plinking away with a phone camera may get very short shrift indeed.

The photographer and model interrupted their shoot to check out my Tachihara 8x10 and got roped into standing in front of it. Some humorous banter was exchanged. Him I know, not her.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I know all that, but I'm a romantic and so will still think of her as "Alexandria". Did you make arrangements to shoot with her again or that's not beach etiquette?

Asher