• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Play That Horn, Victor!

Chris Calohan

Sax-Player  combo.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I love that overlay. It’s brilliant as it give a sense of the movement as he pjj look eye!

Fabulous. I love this idea

Now how would it work in color: always hard in low light with clubs!

Asher

Chris Calohan

These were shot at 12,800 ISO, f/5.6, 1/125 +.6 EV, thus the excessive amount of noise. I could have gone all the way up to 25,600 once I saw how well the anti noise program worked but at the time I was shooting felt like I was already pushing the envelope over the edge. These are a bit "too" smooth, but I felt like they augmented that jazzy feel.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These were shot at 12,800 ISO, f/5.6, 1/125 +.6 EV, thus the excessive amount of noise. I could have gone all the way up to 25,600 once I saw how well the anti noise program worked but at the time I was shooting felt like I was already pushing the envelope over the edge. These are a bit "too" smooth, but I felt like they augmented that jazzy feel.
I have never been annoyed by image noise. In fact I had no idea any was present here!

What denoising program do you use.

Of course, when pixel peeling noise becomes obvious and I deal with it generally using a Topaz or Nik noise filter.

Perhaps DXO might be better now. What’s your experience?

Asher