• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Portraits of Nature’s Flowers

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
372D2FFF-0AB9-4CCF-B1DD-4B6D85C8BD0D.jpeg

Will Thompson: “Two Roses”
Canon 5DIV, EF 50mm F 2.5 Macro

I found this on my iPhone and realized it would be superb for starting a thread on outstanding flower portraits.

It has no exif and I had no recall of that picture.

Well it appears that it’s from a camera I don’t own, LOL and Will Thompson must have sent it to me 2 years ago!

Very pretty work. To me, flowers are always holding beauty in their ephemeralness! :) <3 Maggie

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Olson

WOW! That is an awesome shot.

I must apologize, I started a new job 2 weeks ago and I haven't been posting. But I have been shooting a lot of birds in my yard 🤣

Asher Kelman

I like the ones you have shared, Will!

4FD1BC01-D2F1-4D02-A32E-D4F77A4B5551.jpeg

This includes the bg from Holmby Park with part of the joy of walking there.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Again, the background of the parks trees is important to me. This presence of huge trees and seasonal flowers makes the park delightful!

15C1F83D-161A-44D1-930C-0368E48156D9.jpeg

Asher Kelman

A mostly unwelcome flower but a symmetrical one.

My children and grandkids were always mesmerized the these white dandelion puffs of seeds!

They would bend down, and blow hard and send a cloud of seedlings flying off in the air!
40B3FB60-313B-49CF-A887-B908532739CF.jpeg

Actually, no “flower” gives more pleasure to parent, grandparents and little kids!

Asher