• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pushcar, India - October 2009

Antonio Correia

Almost ten years ago, I was photographing like this. I still enjoy this kind of shots. 24mm moderately wide angle.

i-Kh75wMp-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Antonio,

What a vivid scene!

How did you come across this wonderful picture from so long ago? Are you organizing your image collections or you remembered this?

The apparent comfort of just sitting on the hard ground is so strange to me! It seems so normal to them. It’s not as if they are on soft grass!

BTW, I wonder what the significance could be of the identical colors among some women?

Asher

Antonio Correia

Yes Asher I am organising the photos and key-wording them and I can tell you it is a hard work to do.
Surprisingly or not I find images I couldn't remember of or some I have forgotten.
In this part of India - Rajasthan - people dress with vivid colours, indeed. Why ? I really do not now...

i-bVF2nkM-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

Could be perhaps a code of status:

Yellow: available for marriage
Green: married
Blue: Grandmother

Just a thought as there are identical shades.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Nope!

Most states do not allow carrying weapons unless by special license.

Teachers being armed refused by teachers unions where it was offered. The public wants to ban guns!

Asher