• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Question about Fake Magazine covers

Lu Maz

Hi All,
Great forum, lots of information, I was wondering if someone may have information regarding the Fake magazine cover subjet, I've been looking for a software that allows me to create fake magazine covers easyly, so far I found one, but it has to be connected on the internet all the time. I do not want to do the web base where you upload pictures and they do it for you.

The purpose of this is stricly comercial so I want to know what is involved, I have a photo kiosk at a small mall intown (ATL) and we produce t-shirts-caps-poster-mouse pads- everything you can transfer a photo to it we do it (dog tags, mugs, plates, crystals, etc), now we want to introduce the fake magazine covers.

I've seen people getting this sort of thing when they go to Las Vegas and so on, I would like to know if there is any legal consecuences of doing this with such magazines as Playboy, Sport Ilust, Time, People, Cosmo, etc.
If anybody has information regarding this topic please let me know, as well as if there a good software that allows me to do this, I can photoshop any magazine cover but I am wondering if I am not breaking the copyrights law, that I am pretty much sure I will be if I do that.

Thank you all.

StuartRae

Hi Lu,

I can photoshop any magazine cover but I am wondering if I am not breaking the copyrights law........

Yes, you almost certainly are.

Quote from Ebay:

"Playboy Enterprises International, Inc. (“Playboy”) is a member of the eBay VeRO Program and owns many trademarks, service marks and copyrighted materials worldwide. Playboy has the exclusive right to use its copyrighted works and trademarks. We value the dedication and interest of our fans and have developed this page to help educate eBay users about auctions that infringe the intellectual property rights of Playboy.

Playboy’s trademarks and service marks are protected under U.S. and international trademark laws. Anyone who uses Playboy’s marks, without our permission, on goods or for services is liable for trademark infringement.

In addition, the textual, photographic, video and other multimedia products published and produced by Playboy or its licensees are protected under U.S. and international copyright laws. Anyone who, without Playboy’s authorization, produces, copies, distributes, displays or performs Playboy’s copyrighted materials is liable for copyright infringement.

Please be advised that the manufacture, distribution and/or sale of counterfeit Playboy goods is illegal and carries criminal penalties."

I'm surprised that you find it necessary to ask!

Regards,

Stuart

Lu Maz

Hi Lu,

Yes, you almost certainly are.

Quote from Ebay:

"Playboy Enterprises International, Inc. (“Playboy”) is a member of the eBay VeRO Program and owns many trademarks, service marks and copyrighted materials worldwide. Playboy has the exclusive right to use its copyrighted works and trademarks. We value the dedication and interest of our fans and have developed this page to help educate eBay users about auctions that infringe the intellectual property rights of Playboy.

Playboy’s trademarks and service marks are protected under U.S. and international trademark laws. Anyone who uses Playboy’s marks, without our permission, on goods or for services is liable for trademark infringement.

In addition, the textual, photographic, video and other multimedia products published and produced by Playboy or its licensees are protected under U.S. and international copyright laws. Anyone who, without Playboy’s authorization, produces, copies, distributes, displays or performs Playboy’s copyrighted materials is liable for copyright infringement.

Please be advised that the manufacture, distribution and/or sale of counterfeit Playboy goods is illegal and carries criminal penalties."

I'm surprised that you find it necessary to ask!

Regards,

Stuart

Hey, silly question the one that does not get to be asked :), I sort of figure would be in that line but I just wanted to make sure. I guess I would have to find out how much to pay for the rights to do that sort of thing, is this something I get to ask to each individual magazine, and if so does anybody know how much would this be?

Thanks for all the answers.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hey, silly question the one that does not get to be asked :), I sort of figure would be in that line but I just wanted to make sure. I guess I would have to find out how much to pay for the rights to do that sort of thing, is this something I get to ask to each individual magazine, and if so does anybody know how much would this be?

Thanks for all the answers.

Lu
if you want to be sure of the right costs, you better ask directly to each individual magazine…
Then you may post the results for others to know also ;-)
I'm quite affraid that the cost would be prohibitive, but that's just a guess…

Lu Maz

I will be checking some of the cost Nicolas, but if they get to be prohibited I guess I will be doing some "Sport Tilustraded", "Plaiboy", "Tine", "Peoople" covers then :).