• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rainy day in Santa Monica

Brian Lowe

Here are a few shots on a recent outing in Santa Monica CA on a rainy day.

All were taken with a Canon 1DMKIIn and 17-40 L f/4.0 (in the rain) they were shot in RAW and developed in Lightroom and a final sharpening and crop in CS3

Enjoy,

-Brian-

Here we have a gentleman giving a street entertainer some money. What specifically I like about this shot is if you notice in the background everyone is watching, look and you will see.

Titled "Passing the Buck"

125981114-L-1.jpg

This one I call "One-eye Monster"

125980569-L-1.jpg

And lastly this one is titled "An apple a day keeps the Doctor away".

125983056-L-1.jpg

If you wish to see some of the other photo taken on this day you can see the other photos here ==>http://brianlowe.smugmug.com/gallery/2403949/1/125983056

Eric Michelson

Hi Brian,

that first photo is great. There is an interesting tension between the admiration on the passerby's face and his body language. Both he and the artist seem to be inclined away from each other so you wonder if the money ever gets passed.

Other interesting elements, the poster in the store window with the two models thematically mirroring the main subject, and the woman who is staring into the camera in her state of wonder. The umbrella in this case is also an interesting element, especially as there really isn't that much rain apparent in the shot.

Very nice photo.

Eric