• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ruby Tiger moth caterpillar

Paul Iddon

I spotted this on the front door, but by the time I had got around to getting the camera (tea was ready!) it disappeared from there. Luckily, it had travelled a couple of feet to the side and found the shrub growing by the front door and that made things easy to get some photos (with the aid of one of my colourful printed A5 backgrounds placed behind the leaves).

I think it must have walked over one of the cobwebs around the door frame cos it looked a bit grotty!

hirsute_4k_1800-XL.jpg

hirsute_a_4k_1800-XL.jpg

hirsute_c_4k_1800-XL.jpg

hirsute_b_4k_1800-XL.jpg

hirsute_d_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
What stuns me is that at the very instantaneous mo ent matter was first formed, this moth was predictable if there had been a brain to consider that chain of eventual consequences!!

Asher