• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rural Road

We're in the middle of winter in the Midwest of the US, so a look back at a scene from the middle of summer might help ward off the winter blues.

These outbuildings, photographed a couple years ago, are part of a farmstead abandoned around twenty years ago.

original.jpg

Roadside Shadows​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We're in the middle of winter in the Midwest of the US, so a look back at a scene from the middle of summer might help ward off the winter blues.

These outbuildings, photographed a couple years ago, are part of a farmstead abandoned around twenty years ago.

NOT James, of course,

I like picture and the angles which brings out the peeling paint over the old dried out wood planks.

A4177A16-E2E3-49D5-B58B-A5348F1FAAEE.jpeg

Tom Robbins: Roadside Shadows

There’s a lot of detail to be brought out in printing that will make the buildings dominate the roadway because of the great shooting position you chose!

Asher

Nice! Thank you for this summer atmosphere : )
Nice road… going to nowhere?

You're right about that road, Nicolas. It's a county road, meaning it doesn't see much traffic and primarily serves local agricultural business. But, despite being paved, it connects nothing in particular at one end with nothing in particular at the other. My kind of road!

James,

I like picture and the angles which brings out the peeling paint over the old dried out wood planks.

View attachment 6611

James Lemon: Roadside Shadows

There’s a lot of detail to be brought out in printing that will make the buildings dominate the roadway because of the great shooting position you chose!

Asher

That's an amazing coincidence, Asher. I took the photo a couple years ago, but check the image caption in this reply with quote. James and I were both taking pano photos of the same subject at the same place and at the same time! Must be a manifestation of the multiple universe phenomenon.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
That's an amazing coincidence, Asher. I took the photo a couple years ago, but check the image caption in this reply with quote. James and I were both taking pano photos of the same subject at the same place and at the same time! Must be a manifestation of the multiple universe phenomenon.
Guess what! Must have looked at the angle, not the title and thought that’s by James, too low for Tom!

Thanks for the correction!

Asher