• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sagarmatha..1

fahim mohammed

That's Everest to you and me.

The flight was supposed to be at 0600 hrs. Left the hotel at 0430 hrs. It was cold, misty/foggy and kathmandu has no street lighting to speak off. Our car's wipers were bust and we had to stop often
to clean the windshield due to condensation.

The airport had a sign hardly bigger than a street sign indicating international/domestic flights. This
was obvious from the buildings! We turned left for domestic terminal. still dark and a barbed wire
gate guarded the entrance to the domestic terminal.

After a security search i went into the terminal. It was crowded..I mean real sardine packing. Locals, tourists all vying to get to the countered and get understood.
Some seemed p***ed.

p882315271.jpg

p542229484.jpg

It was difficult to understand whose flight was being called. Chaos Inc. I sneaked around every groups
boarding pass to see flight number. Mine was a group of Japanese oldtimers! Swell!

0800 hrs and we were boarding. We walked to where the planes were parked. Ours was a British Aerospace Jetstream twinprop 41.

p677060290.jpg

The flight attendant was a delightful young lady who did not understand a word of Japanese. Hurray, anticipated a very amusing flight!

The co-pilot was a beautiful and charming Nepalese lady.

p1047450027.jpg

Around 0830 hrs we made a beautiful take-off.

contd.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Fahim
I had some tough time too in remote airports some years ago, but no picture to show…

So obviously you arrived safe, but you forgot afaik to tell us where! ;-)

fahim mohammed

Nicolas, yes I am back home safely. talked to my wife today, she has started her descent from Everest
base camp.

These pictures and the the follow up on Everest are grab shots, more to document than any pretence
for quality.

Hope to have some good Everest pics, when the wife gets back. Hope she did not change from' auto' mode :)

Best.

Hi Fahim
I had some tough time too in remote airports some years ago, but no picture to show…

So obviously you arrived safe, but you forgot afaik to tell us where! ;-)