• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sandclock Adventure

oli murugavel

Hi guys..... Again i am back with a new shot. All these days i was thinking that i should create something on my own to shoot. And i saw my sand clock gifted by my friend. And i gathered some old books from my dad's shelf. I put them together on a table. Then i got my Nikon SB-600 Speedlight and a diffuser. I shot few pictures. And this one was looking good of all the shots. And here it is for your views and critics. Thank you

DSC_0091_net.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Oli,

It's the presentation that entirely bugs me, LOL! I can't take a rather small image that seriously snugs to the left edge and is given with a black thick border, for what I don't know! This image does have possibilities. Please, if you can, post the same without any alteration of the edge. Just allow it to stand on its own surrounded by white space. I'm guessing that the black does not have any real compositional importance and can be given up. If I am wrong, my apologies. I'd have centered your picture for you, added the title and made sure there was white space above and below. However, that thick black border really compromises your picture, especially a motif as delicate time.

Asher

oli murugavel

I am so sorry Asher. In my next post i wont include that black border. And furthur i am finding the edit option for my post. So that i can upload a new one... In my future post i will make the corrections for sure. I need to know how to center the image. Thanks ....

Asher Kelman

I am so sorry Asher. In my next post i wont include that black border. And furthur i am finding the edit option for my post. So that i can upload a new one... In my future post i will make the corrections for sure. I need to know how to center the image. Thanks ....

Oli,

The 5th icon in the reply dialog box or preview centers images. Black can be great, but make sure you really want the effects that black brings! You can edit for about an hour or so, I'll check. The other way is to post again in the same thread.

Asher

ErikJonas

Banned

I hate doing this but it seems to be a part of this forum....I agree with Asher the presentaion bugs me but unlike Asher i cant put my finger on it....

Very creative....Its not like its some snap shot or something.Contrast maybe?....I'd like to see the books by themselves lol...Seriously though shoot the books just by themselves that might look interesting....

Maybe if there was some table in the fore ground leading up to the hour glass that might look better....

Great idea though....This is the type of thing i'd like to do more of but mine would'nt even look this good........

Asher Kelman

Erik,

Trust me, you can't evaluate ideas like this trapped in such black frames. There's to much perturbation. Now, it could be that the black is doing some compositional or thematic work, then consider it as finished and do your best to understand what's shown. The image is not meant to work just on beauty, ugliness or shock; this needs cerebration and references.

It picture may well work better, without much adjustment, if it were presented naked.

Asher