• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sandy

Peter Dexter

On Isla Providencia. A Caribbean island with a lot of history not far from Nicaragua.

24897152223_bfd7589037_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Could hardly be more beautiful!

Does one fly there or is it a short boat trip!

I will have to look it up?

Asher

Peter Dexter

There is a boat from San Andrés but better to fly, only twenty minutes. If you look it up also check out: The Island That Disappeared, Old Providence and the Making of the Western World by British author Tom Feiling. The English made a colonization attempt way back in 1629.

Asher Kelman

I don’t generally travel with my models, but it’s a great idea! I arranged one such shoot with a delightful model who worked on my giant Polaroid pictures. We were supposed to leave for a major shoot in the Redwoods in Northern California, but she cheated on her husband at a party and her younger sister called her parents in Florida to report the errant older sibling! That broke the marriage and I lost out! No redwood shoot!

So you are very fortunate. Having with you a collaborator you can trust and who has already worked with you is an advantage!

Asher

Peter Dexter

Well that was messy for you. A shame you lost out on the redwood shooting. I'm not a professional photographer so I haven't traveled with or photographed any professional models. Thank you Fahim.

Asher Kelman

Well that was messy for you. A shame you lost out on the redwood shooting. I'm not a professional photographer so I haven't traveled with or photographed any professional models.
Well, Peter,

I still have the beautiful Polaroids which I must copy to post here.

I also will not waste my planning. I just have to find another model to take her place. I am making a set of leaded glass windows to hang between trees for the shoot. So now I will complete that and have a new job ahead of me!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Peter Dexter: “Sandy”
Back to your original. She is simply a natural and so relaxed. The composition is just right and includes the most popular view of that beach with the trees behind it!

You have no props, nothing fancy and presumably natural light? I was there also a flash or at least a reflector?

Asher

Asher Kelman

So, that is but one picture.

??

Since the entire purpose of this travel was to create stunning artistic pictures, there must be a lot more to share!

Asher