• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: September 11

Rich Beaubien

I'm going to post this here not quite knowing if this is the "right spot."

3907580855_39fb4aaa9a.jpg

Most of the world knows what happened on this date. I live in Boston area where two of the flights left from Logan Airport on that fateful morning. Last year they opened a memorial at the airport. I've been visiting the site over the summer to come up with this short memorial slideshow called Shards of Glass

--Rich

Most of the world knows what happened on this date. I live in Boston area where two of the flights left from Logan Airport on that fateful morning. Last year they opened a memorial at the airport. I've been visiting the site over the summer to come up with this short memorial slideshow called Shards of Glass

Hi Rich,

Very nice slideshow you've made. Thanks for sharing.

Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Rich,

You have brought to us in a gracious thoughtful way the simplicity, symbolism and stark beauty of this, so apt, 9/11 memorial. The first shot of a glass hut is minimal, with no arrogance or hostility, just a modest single room, a modern version of the abandoned gold-panner's cabin, but of glass and always lit. Then, gradually you bring us closer, introducing the elements that make this work so powerful. The misplaced door, showing no security, the fractured glass showing we are at God's mercy before and after tragedy strikes and the contemplative pathway, that asks us to ask questions.

Finally, the angle thrust against the sky is finally upstart and urgent, demanding, pleading and crying to the skies, "why?"

Bobby,

The memorial, under your guidance, moved me to silence and reflection on this terrible act that was done against innocents. Amazingly, the lack of hatred was cleansing and kept out the dark side to the perimeter where it can have no attention at this moment with the lights on at the memorial night and day.

You did a masterful job. I'm sure others will follow. I can't wait till Ken Tanaka gives his view point. With each set of photographs spread around, we'll make sure that no one ever forgets.

Asher

Rich Beaubien

Thanks for the kind words folks.

A number of local media outlets have picked up on this which has brought a whole lot of attention from unexpected places. And my server reports are off the charts ;-)

Thanks again.