• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Shadow Tripychs

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm fascinated with shadows. Previously I've posted adjacent images of wall shadows. Here are 2 recent triptychs derived from layers of other pictures of shadows on walls. one I've shown elsewhere here.

_MG_7531_Shadow_tiptych_02.jpg

Asher Kelman: Shadow Triptych #2

_MG_7557 Shadow_tiptych_03.jpg

Asher Kelman: Shadow Triptych #3

Cheers, I'm looking forward to feedback. Be fearless, LOL!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Just in case there's some question about my intent, there's no idea or metaphor in mind, just a combination of shadows and form that gives me satisfaction and prolonged interest. The intent in sharing is not to evoke emotions or ideas, although, who knows, they might, but to provide something intriguing for your consideration.

I would be interested to know if this also works for you too!

Thanks,

Asher

fahim mohammed

I really like the play of shadow and light. More so if the image tends to the more abstract form.
Like these ones.

Allows me to play with my mind. Creating stuff which might/might not be there.
A wonderful playground for the fertile mind and imagination.

Clearly delineated forms of light/shadow do not hold the same fascination for me .

Asher, in these two images, I found more thoughtful impressions by rotating, viewing from various
angles. Could keep me occupied for a very long time.

Excellent.

Asher Kelman

A wonderful playground for the fertile mind and imagination.

Thanks so much Fahim! I was hoping that my work could indeed function as a place to muse! Interesting that there's no preconceived idea, just love for each of the simple constituent pictures made for this purpose.

Asher

Jerome Marot

I can't really see the triptych in #2, but #3 reminds me of the beginning of last century: Imogen Cunningham, Edward Weston, Karl Blossfeldt, maybe? Not quite, though.

Asher Kelman

I can't really see the triptych in #2, but #3 reminds me of the beginning of last century: Imogen Cunningham, Edward Weston, Karl Blossfeldt, maybe? Not quite, though.

So glad you visited, Jerome. Yes, the triptych #2 is difficult and printing will be a challenge as to the dark shaded used in the center. I'll have to work on that.

I'm so happy you like #3. :)

This is very different than nudes and grandchildren and street snapping!

Asher

Jean Henderson

Asher,

No. 3 is definitely my favorite because of a much greater unity (to me) than in No.2 which seems a little too incongruous for my taste though I like the right hand side of it a lot. I could look and look at No. 3, but wouldn't stay long on No. 2. Yeah to monochrome, too.

Jean

Charlotte Thompson

Yep # 3 is the trick! I too could look forever
I see patches of materials of some kind-also feel like its part of an old old movie background, drama-mystery of sorts
also Asher what a great background for one of my overlays!

Charlotte-