• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sharing some of my work with newcomers!

I haven't posted much lately, simply because I've been doing a challenge with a group of friends, doing illustrations ever single day, according to a list. I've always drawn, but much rarely since I do photography, but with all the AI art that is floating around,
makes us want to do some of our own work. Some images take an hour, some 3-4 so that takes a chunk of time away from photography, but since we are still stuck in winter, I don't feel too bad. That being said, I do shoot and
thought that with the new people that have arrived lately, to share some of the photography work I like do with you all.

I do mostly, floral image and still life images. I hope you find them fun and perhaps they will make you smile.

This one is called Last Dance -- A reminder that even when we get older, we are just as beautiful. No longer worried about the perfection of being young, we can be a little more laid back and happy.
lastdance.jpg

Last edited:
Song of the Peony!

If you listen closely when she blooms you can hear her. She sings of beauty and femininity. She also sings of struggle and strength and resilience

songofthepeony.jpg

On the Rocks

Some of you may actually be wondering what the heck is in the drink, well, the title says it all. It's actually rocks. I put stones in a martini glass with a seashell for a stir stick. A bit of sparkling water and man, those bubbles just hung on the stones creating an image that I found really pretty especially in black and white. I hope you enjoy it too! Maggie

ontherocks.jpg

Tulipani Viola

Most people here do not know that I speak more than one language. I speak English and French fluently, and am conversationally able in Swedish and a bit of German, and now I'm teaching myself Italian. That's where the title comes from: Tulipani Viola means Purple Tulips in Italian. I thought the name is pretty as pretty as my favorite spring flowers!

tulipaniviola2.jpg

The Chosen One

decided on the Chosen One because it is as if the couple has chosen this child.

Just me, turning flowers into people again, ha! :) Maggie (won't be the last) :) Maggie

thechosenone.jpg

Flowers for my Lady!

A bit of a romantic story going on. Anyone that knows me know that I often like to personify my subjects, be they fruit or flowers or whatever. Here, a romantic gesture of bringing flowers to the one you love!

flowersformylady.jpg

so that's a small example of the type of work that I do. I hope you enjoy it and it brings a smile to your face.

Welcome to this very wonderful group of encouraging people and share your work with us!! :) Looking forward to seeing them

Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Maggie,

Beautiful images, and wondrous interpretations.

Best regards,

Doug
Indeed, Doug,

A succinct and true comment!

I am so impressed how Maggie uses beautiful inanimate things to express graceful poses and movements of people!

Asher