• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Shoes To Match

Peter Dexter

A weevil I believe Family: Cholus

49764051323_ed8a41ee94_o.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wow! It’s so damn handsome!

I believe you posted an entirely different and equally remarkable weevil, ultra-shiny “car-show-perfect” red and black, some time back

So many questions come to mind! Does that proboscis swivel? Where might a joint be? Is it made of a chitin tube? Does it have even one joint? Does it have moving cutting parts at the end of the proboscis to cut through seeds?
I looked up “weevil” and am flabbergasted that there are some 90,000 distinct species and they are such a diverse and handsome set of tiny creatures!

Many amazing pictures here!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Peter,

You have shared a good number of these odd creatures!

A black species that lost an antenna, here! And a different species rough tough black Jeep guy with both antennae intact, but uniquely placed at the end of the long proboscis!

So that tool can’t be plunged deep into anything, LOL!!

I’d imagine or he’s lose both radio contact with his base commander and have to abort his mission!

Thanks for all you ardent hunting!

Asher