• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Shooting the Bénéteau Océanis 38 sailing

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Without comment…

OC38_NCL8722_mouillage_web.jpg

OC38_NCL10278_genoa_web.jpg

OC38_NCL9178_spi_web.jpg

OC38_NCL8909_spi_web.jpg

OC38_NCL8028_motoring_web.jpg

OC38_NCL8295_abord_web.jpg

Jerome Marot

Au risque de me répéter: les deux modèles sont très bien choisis. En tant qu'homme, je suis plus sensible à Sabrina, mais cela ne m'empêche pas de réaliser que son compagnon est tout aussi finement adapté au concept photographié.

Ce n'est d'ailleurs pas une question d'être "beau", séduisant, etc... c'est une question d'adaptation au concept. C'est exactement le couple qu'il faut pour ce produit.

Le choix des vêtements est également très bien fait, à l'exception des lunettes de Sabrina. Si tu pouvais en assombrir en peu la monture, je pense que ce serait meilleur.

Jerome Marot

I just realized I inadvertently posted in French. I was noting that the two models were well chosen to fit the concept and so is the way they are dressed.

nicolas claris

Ok : )
Product manager and skipper (hidden during the shoot): Thomas Gaillard
AD: Charlotte Matthijsse from Bénéteau
Models: Sabrina Martello and Marc Leroy

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Without comment…

OC38_NCL8722_mouillage_web.jpg

Nicolas,

A single boat rests in calm waters. We only see the stern, as if it's about to leave. The abstraction in the reflection is a strong feature that hints at the strength and structure of what's beneath its finish.

This to me is so much more than another image of a fine boat. There's a certain peace, calm and surety, that the boat is now finished, seaworthy, sold and on its independent life from the naval architects, engineers, expert boat builders, electricians, sail makers, cabinet makers and more. Thousands of hours of thought and many times that of work have gone into this vessel.

In a way, it's like a child that grows up in just 3-4 years and then leaves home to travel around the world!

I'm so proud for you and Bénéteau Oceanis 38!

Asher

nicolas claris

Thank you Maggie and Asher
Not only nice looking and good cruiser, the Oceanis 38 is a new concept.
You can add different equipments long time after having aquired the boat…
The idea is:
- The young man/woman wants a boat easy to handle, not expensive for day cruising:
The boat has one double bed only and a toilet/shower cabin, no galley, no other cabin, it is accommodated as a studio or a loft.
- They get married, the bride wants some more privacy, a bulkhead (wood wall) comes to isolate the front cabin from the rest of the boat.
- They now want to sail for longer times, it becomes a week-ender and one of the furniture his transformed into a stove + fridge
- They have kids, the aft part of the boat becomes 2 double cabins…

A very evolutive boat that you can keep for many years…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you Maggie and Asher
Not only nice looking and good cruiser, the Oceanis 38 is a new concept.
You can add different equipments long time after having aquired the boat…
The idea is:
- The young man/woman wants a boat easy to handle, not expensive for day cruising:
The boat has one double bed only and a toilet/shower cabin, no galley, no other cabin, it is accommodated as a studio or a loft.
- They get married, the bride wants some more privacy, a bulkhead (wood wall) comes to isolate the front cabin from the rest of the boat.
- They now want to sail for longer times, it becomes a week-ender and one of the furniture his transformed into a stove + fridge
- They have kids, the aft part of the boat becomes 2 double cabins…

A very evolutive boat that you can keep for many years…

Nicolas,

Really wonderful to have that option of upgrades later on.

Are the new components prefabricated so they can be added, for example in the USA, or does the boat have to sail back to France? Also what's the base price that this single lady has to put down. I'd like to introduce her to my youngest son!!

Asher