• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Shooting the expectant bride...

Ray West

Hi Nil,

How do the feel about it? What photos do they want? Maybe you have to do some photoshop, maybe they are delighted with both events.

Best wishes,

Ray

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm shooting a small wedding next week in which the bride is eight months in. Any tips? This is a serious question, mind you...

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Hi Nill, glad you are doing this good deed! They are lucky to have you since you won't miss any key moments! I know that from you other work.

The bride is not hiding anything. I'd celebrate that stomach after all a child is there inside! Aso this is a great opportunity to take husband and wife pictures pictures before the wedding. I'd visit with here and see if the father and her will want pictures with her absomen showing say by the light of the window, with no flash and maybe a black card to one side and these pictures will be treasured for ever.

At the time of the wedding, I'd look to take as many pictures as possible with the page and flower girls if they are there as this focuses on youth and family joy.

IOW, I'd celebrate this double joy!

At the same time, i'd get some head and shoulder pictures that can appeat in picture frames if the bride so wishes. Then she has a choice. But one has to be subtle.

Have you done weddings before? I expect you have!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I'm shooting a small wedding next week in which the bride is eight months in. Any tips? This is a serious question, mind you...

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Hi Nill
I guess they are "modern" people, they do know about birth control, so by hell, who cares about a pregnant bride!
(Curious that nobody above did use that word: pregnant…)

They did in the reverse order that it is "used" to be. But one more time, who cares nowadays!

They want to get married, they want one of the best wedding photog… do your best as you do as usual for others. No change.

That will be a brilliant day, don't miss it and if you're allowed, post some here so we can share!

Toast them for OPF and Cheers!

BTW, Asher, you seem to be a special Doctor… having a baby in the stomach is either a strange behavior or a real new "technology" to make babies! ;-()

Asher Kelman

Does not translate well, I guess!

We do say that the stomach is getting larger, instead of the uterus is expanding out of the ppelvis and distending the abdomen!

I think stomach is still a pretty good way of describing the dome that announces the lady a foot ahead of her!

What do they call it in French?

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
We say "elle a un bébé dans le ventre"
As far as I know a translation could be "she has a baby in the belly"

For us, French, stomach is for serious matter, such as food and wine (only) (I don't know where the water and sodas go!)
;-)

Why not photograph her from above the waist for some portraits. Sometimes the bouquet can hide what you don't want to see. Take a lot of face only image. Don't pose her sideways (unless she wants you to show how big she is). Photograph her from the back showing her train, face would be either to the right or left. Same pose but with husband's cheek next to hers, both holding bouquet between them hiding problem.

Tom Henkel

Suggestion....

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

First I should say I don't do weddings, so take this suggestion FWIW -- I'd suggest shooting a combination of the bride showing her pregnancy and some that deemphasize it. If she's 8 months pregnant it's not exactly going to be a secret for anyone in attendance. And clearly the couple doesn't have an issue with holding the ceremony. It is possible that they might change their minds in the future (I'm not suggesting they should change their thinking, but sometimes people's views change over time). So it would be good if they had a combination of shots/angles so that if they did decide, at a later date, they didn't want to broadcast the fact that the bride was pregnant, they could edit their wedding portfolio accordingly.

Tom

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Hey Nill,

well you have shot the wedding by now no doubt. Next move, get her to give me a call & I will book her in for some newborn shots..........

Cheers,

Paul

Nill Toulme

To be perfectly honest, I've been procrastinating on processing the shoot because I don't think I did very well. It's very different from anything I'm even remotely accustomed to.

But I will.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Asher Kelman

Thanks Paul, for reminding us! I'm lookinf forward to this. I hope, Nill you got the job for the newborn and parents pictures!

Asher