• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Simple View from my Trailer

Robert Watcher

It‘s been too cold and cloudy every night, for taking sky shots since we returned home. Tonight was crisp, but stunning clear - with intense blue sky - the crescent moon and Venus as bright as could be to the West, tucked in behind a row of stark maple trees. It was stunning to view with our eyes, but a challenge to capture with regard to focus and choice of blown out objects in order to maintain the tree structures and beautiful sky - or capture detail in the moon against pitch black. So I did a bit of variety, along with turning the camera a bit more northward for the orange on the horizon. I have the camera running for a few hours for a star trail with our trailer in the corner. We’ll see how that comes out.

25DE3EEA-ED67-4392-B430-F1CE8CD1A7DB.jpeg

Dark Side of The Moon

59705404-76D6-4DD5-8B62-4AED36472016.jpeg

Moon and Venus bright against the Blue Sky

7FED9356-B453-40C4-BFE8-0FEFC0544E00.jpeg

Crescent Moon

EB9FAA52-6AF1-49C9-80D6-EC77DB299708.jpeg

North-West Sky

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I love this series and feel I have a wooden hut nearby and can see this with my own eyes. I would light a fire and call you over to sit on the other side of the flames!

Then no one needs a mask!

Asher