• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Single Light Nudes

Bobby Deal

As I tend to do I have been AWOL from this forum for a good long while, things seem to be slow here and I forget to revisit but here is a selection of single light and duo light nudes from in the studio over the past few months that you all might enjoy,. Feel free to comment, critique or simply indulge your inner voyeur.

Emily
i-9tdqp4d-X3.jpg

i-NrMJr8M-X3.jpg

Bambu

RDP_9025-BW-X3.jpg

Erin Tiffany

i-gmLS93C-X3.jpg

i-8VkSFpL-X3.jpg

Andrew Molitor

Very nice! The shadow play on Erin Tiffany is quite wonderful. Great idea.

Where's that rimlight on her chin coming from in the third one, though? (Bambu?)

Bobby Deal

Very nice! The shadow play on Erin Tiffany is quite wonderful. Great idea.

Where's that rimlight on her chin coming from in the third one, though? (Bambu?)

Well it is a single light shot so other than perhaps a little of it coming from the high polish silver necklace she is wearing I would expect it is actually an artifact from the post production and black and white conversion

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
As I tend to do I have been AWOL from this forum for a good long while, things seem to be slow here and I forget to revisit but here is a selection of single light and duo light nudes from in the studio over the past few months that you all might enjoy,. Feel free to comment, critique or simply indulge your inner voyeur.

Emily
i-9tdqp4d-X3.jpg

i-NrMJr8M-X3.jpg

Hi Bobby,

I like your work and it covers a range of presentations from more serious to lighthearted teasing fun. The forms of her body are really well presented with just one light. The soft wall shadows work well. I imagine you have a large light near her.

I just wonder about the lips and teeth in the first one? Seems rather harsh and distracting.

BTW, would you ever remove the head in your more serious figure studies, such as these?

Asher

Bobby Deal

Thanks Asher, this model was bitten in the face by a dog as a child completely severing the left side of her upper lip and the resulting scar tissue create an odd duck lip curl. Add to that the fact that she has very full and voluptuous lips and you get the full and somewhat erotic shape of her mouth. Parting her lips is intentional in that it lessens the effects of the scar tissue in the shaping of her lips. The overall intent of the first image is to be somewhat erotic as it is very much in contact with the viewer and looking to evoke a stimulated response where as the second image is disconnected and more a study of the body than a sexually charged portrait.

The lighting in #1 is a 36" octabox on a boom arm above and just out of frame
In the second image she is lit with the same setup but I have added a 4x8 sheet of white foam core just out of frame camera left to help open the shadow side of the image a little and have also opened up the exposure by a stop and adjusted my physical perspective to the light to present a different look. I rarely shoot from a single perspective and have a tendency to move my feet a lot while shooting, particularly when working with directional lighting.

As far as cropping these to provide anonymity and make them straight figure studies, I frequently do exactly that because makes them less threatening and more saleable as wall art though with the these 2 image I would not do so as it would orphan the models arm and hand which would have little to no context if the head was cropped away. When looking to create the anonymous figure study I will typically pose the model and compose the crop in camera rather than cropping in post. The other images I have posted in here show various forms of anonymizing the model either by virtue of cropping or posing.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Bobby,

So you have a really nice and simple setup that works so well. I also use 4'x8' styrofoam boards too; white on one side, black on the other but to modulate natural light. Do you also have large windows and the right angles of the sun at the time of day your models are there?

Asher

Bobby Deal

Bobby,

So you have a really nice and simple setup that works so well. I also use 4'x8' styrofoam boards too; white on one side, black on the other but to modulate natural light. Do you also have large windows and the right angles of the sun at the time of day your models are there?

Asher

The studio I work out of currently has no natural window light available I have to work on location to work with sunlight