• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Slave Flash Delay????????

chris dean

I want to trigger a slave flash from a point and shoot digital. AND I WANT THE SLAVE TO BE DELAYED! Ideally i would be able to control the amount of delay, say from 1/100 sec all the way down to 1/4 second. Has anybody had any experience with this?

I have heard that a piece of exposed slide film taped in front of the point and shoot flash will allow Infrared light to pass through and will trigger most slave flashes. And I will be shooting in manual mode so i won't have preflash issues. I think my main concern is that tricky flash delay!!!

Anyone?

Ray West

Chris,

if you are into diy, and guessing what you really want, you will find it easier to forget the onboard flash, just fire slaves at the required interval. A very simple method - slotted opto switches, and a slotted disc, motor driven. More up-market - 555 timers, or uP, or play around with your pc // printer port.

Best wishes,

Ray