• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Smaller Wedding

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well, I'm not sure it totally qualifies as I got groped by our regular UPS guy from work haha but small world!

A welcome grope, Sydney, is like a group hug? An uncalled for one is an invasion! Hope he's nice!

Just an opinion on photographing flowers. To my experience, underexposing is often a good idea as this yields richer color and better detail in whites. Overexposure loses detail in white flowers, so I tend to underexpose.

Asher

Sydney Rester

That's a great observation and I agree with you. In the last 18 months or so I've basically gotten myself set up as a contractor, second shooting for some of the best wedding photogs in Austin.

So I often adjust what I *would* do to give them what they want. This particular company is known for an airy, breezy, hazy, pastel, almost blown-out look so they always ask me to shoot slightly over exposed. Except the brides dress of course.

And no, no desire to be primary shooter. I deal with enough client angst M-F 9 to 5!