• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some Geese and a Duck

Steve Robinson

Just trying out my 'new' lens, a Pentax A 70-210mm f/4 Macro, on some fowl images. C&C always welcome.

263524937_NSZKp-O.jpg

263525081_PSqo4-O.jpg

263525172_LCyde-O.jpg

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Always willing

Funny how those water fowl are always willing to pose and test our gear! These are a nice start.

On the middle one, you needed a bit faster shutter speed to capture those birds without the blur on their faces. I'd like to have seen a bit more of the reflection on the first one. Watch that you are not cutting off feet, heads, feathers and reflections. Something I too have to be on the lookout for in my framing and not always easy with living things that don't obey the "stay" command.

Steve Robinson

Thanks for your feedback Kathy. I started out birding with just a 50-135mm lens and when I bought the 70-210mm I found that it was a lot different to frame, focus and shoot. I'm facing a bigger challenge this week when a Sigma 100-300mm f/4 shows up. Here's a example of a 135mm shot.

Pentax K10D, DA*50-135mm f/2.8, 135mm, 1/500 @ f/8, ISO 400.

269386022_diPXA-O.jpg