• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some of the images I shot from the Forks WA Drag races (West End Thunder)

Jim Olson

My wife (Naomi) and I really enjoy going out to the Forks airport and watching the drags races. West End Thunder takes over the airport for the weekend a few times each years during the summer months.

We go as often as we can, every year to at least a few races. I always take my camera gear and in August, I gave Naomi one of my cameras and she had a blast shooting the cars and bikes.

I’m hoping to get her to post more images but for now, I’ll go ahead and post some.

This is a 1/8 mile track, not 1/4 mile and some of these car were doing over 100 MPH!!! I remember doing over a 100 MPH drag racing my motorcycle at Orange County International Raceway in the 70s on a 1/4 mile track. So I can almost relate. It is bracket racing, which is what I did in the 60s and 70s (both cars & bikes)

Also, I contacted West End Thunder because I noticed that they didn’t have any pictures on their website from August and September of this year. They were so happy I contacted them because their regular photographer was down after back surgery and they are going to use these images I shot for their website…

Enjoy…

PS Thank you Robert Watcher for giving me a push in the right direction. I did buy Topaz Sharpen AI for the motion blur

These are all local racers
BV6A5496 (2)-SharpenAI-Motion.jpg

BV6A5497 (2)-SharpenAI-Motion.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is the fastest woman on the track that day.
Some are Pro Stock Class

BV6A5509 (2)-SharpenAI-Motion.jpg

Some are Super Comp, Super Gas and Super Street Class
BV6A5511 (2)-SharpenAI-Motion.jpg

BV6A5526 (2)-SharpenAI-Motion.jpg

BV6A5527 (2)-SharpenAI-Motion.jpg

BV6A5528 (2)-SharpenAI-Motion.jpg

Then there is my friends that drive Rat Rods (in a class of it's own)
BV6A5490 (2)-SharpenAI-Standard.jpg

And NO, Lynie did not take his granddaughter out on the track with him
BV6A5529 (2)-SharpenAI-Motion.jpg

BV6A5533 (2)-SharpenAI-Motion.jpg

Last edited: