• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some recent shots from the Cliburn competition.

Hello all, I recently ventured out of my normal area and shot the 6 finalists of the Van Cliburn competition.

We had about 1 hour and 45 minutes with each finalist including Gold medal winners Nobuyuki Tsujii, from Japan who is actually blind and a wonder to listen too, also gold medalist Haochen Zhang from China, silver medal winner Yeol Eum Son, from Korea, and the remaining finalists Evgeni Bozhanov, from Bulgaria, Di Wu, from China, and Mariangela Vacatello From Italy.

Steinway was a huge help as was my art director Lynx, who also created the large gold/copper piano painting we used.

I pulled many of the dresses and other outfits/shirts from Neiman Markus.

http://stepheneastwood.com/cliburn_samples/

Stephen Eastwood
http://www.PhotographersPortfolio.com

Very nice Stephen!

I'd love to have an opportunity to shoot that piano. Is there really no sound box around the works, as it seems from your photos?

Hi,

I really like these two ones where "models" are playing with fun and relax :

1_2h1x8251.jpg

1_2h1x7679_c.jpg

We have tickets to see Yeol Eum Son in February. Loved these shots when I first saw them and still love them.

Thank you, I personally loved these two
1_2h1x8694.jpg

1_2h1x8617bw.jpg

She, and the rest were a joy to work with, very different from my norm, but the dedication they have to music showed through in their dedication to getting great shots in a very, very limited timeframe.

the piano lid and inner workings were actually from the NY Steinway they played on stage at the competition. Steinway was a pleasure to deal with and so helpful in making things happen in an extremely tight schedule, they dismantled and brought the piano over less then an hour after the competition ended for a late shoot before Nobu had to fly out.

Rachel Foster

Wow! I just returned from seeing Yeol Eum Son perform. WOW! What a musician! I kept thinking, "Boy, would I LOVE a chance to shoot her hands on the piano!" Her fingers moved almost too fast to see. Or maybe it WAS too fast to see!