• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Some say a masterpiece

fahim mohammed

Of architectural design...

p1596786036-5.jpg

At least it is considered as such in a certain parts of the world.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

p1596786036-5.jpg

Exquisite!

A shame it could not be "art" (as it would not fit into a gallery or museum, and also because it was not built with that objective)!

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

p1596786036-5.jpg

Fahim,

If I remember correctly this is the Sultanahmet Camii, popularly called the Blue Mosque. It is indeed recognized worldwide as a masterpiece. Centuries of the best dreams went into this. It is an amazing place to visit and admire the intricate decorations and calligraphy and notice that there are no statures to be seen and no portraits of famous saints as in great Churches.

Visitors are allowed as tourists despite that this is a place for prayer and devotion to the faithful of Islam. I just had to remove my shoes and was happy that I had no holes in my socks that day. Inside, there's a coolness of the air from the mass of stones that make the place so grand. If one only looks up at the main dome, one will agree that this is indeed a masterpiece.

Great picture. Not seen the view cropped like this.

Asher

Jerome Marot

A shame it could not be "art" (as it would not fit into a gallery or museum, and also because it was not built with that objective)!

I recognize the fellow engineer in that remark... Of course, architecture fits in museums: as models.

Hey! ;)

fahim mohammed

Hi, Fahim,

Exquisite!

Best regards,

Doug

Hello Doug.

Thanks for stopping by. The smallest I could find of the architecture...from a visit with my grandkids to the Miniatürk Park near the Golden Horn, Istanbul.

p1597303106-5.jpg

Best regards to Carla and yourself.

fahim mohammed

p1596786036-5.jpg

Fahim,

If I remember correctly this is the Sultanahmet Camii, popularly called the Blue Mosque. It is indeed recognized worldwide as a masterpiece. Centuries of the best dreams went into this. It is an amazing place to visit and admire the intricate decorations and calligraphy and notice that there are no statures to be seen and no portraits of famous saints as in great Churches.

Visitors are allowed as tourists despite that this is a place for prayer and devotion to the faithful of Islam. I just had to remove my shoes and was happy that I had no holes in my socks that day. Inside, there's a coolness of the air from the mass of stones that make the place so grand. If one only looks up at the main dome, one will agree that this is indeed a masterpiece.

Great picture. Not seen the view cropped like this.

Asher

Asher, it is quite a sight indeed!!.
Thank you for stopping by.

Best regards.