• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sometimes Zero LPPM is where it's at!!

Jim Galli

150Eido_1.jpg

cut flowers, cut glass

First fruits from a fabulous (and priced rather that way too) new to me Hermagis Eidoscop 150mm lens. I did 10 shots on some 1977 Kodak Ektapan in 4X5 with this lens. I'll build a blog page at my website with more about it when I get them scanned.

Yes, I'm trying to expand your minds somewhere beyond the disney animator look of modern digital.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jim,

How did this one escape! The crustal is very sharp and renders part of the bowl as silver which is interesting. That instead of blowing out totally. Now you have increased the value of more old glass.

I bet the fimne detail of the flowers are all there!

Asher

Jim Galli

Hi Jim,

How did this one escape! The crustal is very sharp and renders part of the bowl as silver which is interesting. That instead of blowing out totally. Now you have increased the value of more old glass.

I bet the fimne detail of the flowers are all there!

Asher

Hi Asher. I probably don't understand quite where to put stuff on this forum. Like looking at a wiring diagram for an '08 Chrysler. Beyond my scope. So when I get stuff posted in the wrong place, please, by all means, change it.

Anyways, thanks. Here is a page with a bunch of comparisons from that lens. It really is a remarkable piece of glass. I think I set a new record when I bought it. $960 bucks!! Pretty hard to drive the price up from there. 3 years ago I'd have paid $295 and thought it was too much.

Low resolution photographs can be truly beautiful, as Jim Galli shows, but they can be a bit drab as well, as I've just discovered.

I was trying out my new soft focus lens but forgot to close the shutter on my view camera before I pulled the dark-slide and did not know about it until later. That was when I turned on the darkroom light and looked in the fixer tray. Wow, what low resolution, only one pixel, very dark, but what a pixel, nearly 8 inches by 10 inches in size! Unfortunately big pixel size does not make up for lack of pixel number, except maybe in an art gallery.

Jim Galli is still the man.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was trying out my new soft focus lens but forgot to close the shutter on my view camera before I pulled the dark-slide and did not know about it until later.
Maris,

I wasted one sheet of film that way in may last shoot. I was distracted talking with the model and that's exactly what I did: forgot to close the shutter before pulling the darks slide. This works fine when you are doing a repeat shot and you don't need to recheck the focus and the exposure is several seconds. However, using ASA 400 film, there is no such leeway even at f16 outside.

I'm sure everyone has done this at least once. With 8x10 film it's a sad waster as I only have 5 holders!

I guess one has to do it like flying an airplane when people expect you to land safely every single time.

Asher