• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Spread to Tigers and Mortal Danger to Wild Chimps, Apes and Orangutans

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The brutality of nature when germs traverse species hosts is clear when we get infected in Flu, Ebola, SARS, MERS and now COVD-19 pandemics.

What we realize now is that animals we care for are now at risk.

In the Bronx zoo a tiger is infected and her sisters. They got it from their asymptomatic keeper.

Other animals might be infected too!

But the chilling fear is now growing that we could spread this to our apes in captivity and in the wild!

Asher

Asher Kelman

The threat to remaining large animals, already threatened with extinction is real.

Is it education, culture or callousness that allows us to not have concerns?

F2A88989-CE41-431D-84FE-F0237FB4C6FB.jpeg

If these treasured animals are lost, that’s for ever! How can we be flippant and dismissive?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Fortunately not everyone thinks the same as most folk! So it shouldn't be such a difficult question?
But you are educated, privileged, well read and travelled. So you, alone, could easily provide more than enough reasons to justify the tigers continued existence. I am confident in your rationalism applied to this question!

Asher Kelman

I don’t feel I need to justify the value of tigers. If you don’t feel we have any responsibility to safeguard wild animals we capture to exhibit to folk that love them, then you can hold your opinion. That’s your free will at work!

Still, I then have no need to prove to you tigers are necessary for anything!

Asher