• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Such a pretty sky and calm water

Robert Watcher

Anne and I headed to a pier on Lake Huron tonight just after sunset. The sky was so naturally beautiful as it bled seamlessly into the water at the horizon.

I processed a few of the frames for more intensity, but found this uncropped and unprocessed image to be very striking as-is (only resized to 1920pixels for web use). The photo was taken with my humble iPhone 7

08C8693E-092E-40CC-A9E4-4578DD9B2CD1.jpeg

Robert Watcher

This was an image that I took from the side of the pier, where I processed it in Snapseed for more impact. More of a painterly ambiance.

EBFCD116-6BE1-4F80-B46C-2CC9B0BB357C.jpeg

Last edited:

Robert Watcher

A short Instagram Timelapse video I shot. I set the iPhone on a concrete pillar near the end of the pier, leaning it up against a protruding bolt on top - - - and let it run for about 10 minutes. Anne and I walked into the frame and back out - then a couple with a dog - and another lady standing in the cold with her camera —- before groups of geese flew through the frame. I straightened the horizon line and added a LUT using the awesome Lumifusion video editing software on my iPad.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Robert,

it’s the mood that your skies Impey that’s most interesting.

7D251215-3175-4559-8BDF-12CD1FCF404B.jpeg

This one is so stark and simple but the contest between the so expressive pink-red tinted clouds and the ramrod straight, penetrating man made pier, create a fabulously calming and thoughtful composition.

The slight angle off perpendicular of the lamposts, creates a necessary tension and might be important not to correct!

Asher