• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tangerines (Fruit)

John Miller

Just a image from shooting with a film Hasselblad ELM using a Hasselblad 150 f4 with a close-up lens on (C-41) color negative film and a tripod.

John

tangerines.jpg

John Miller

Thanks for the nice comment!

I used to develop all my b/w and color c-41 plus print b/w and some color in a wet darkroom. Now it's mail it out to be processed and scanned by a
professional lab in California. They do a pretty good job.

FYI, I like using the Hasselblad film equipment, it's well built, deliveries very sharp results and it's a square format.

John

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for the nice comment!

I used to develop all my b/w and color c-41 plus print b/w and some color in a wet darkroom. Now it's mail it out to be processed and scanned by a
professional lab in California. They do a pretty good job.

FYI, I like using the Hasselblad film equipment, it's well built, deliveries very sharp results and it's a square format.

John
My father in law used several Hasselblads, but he still loved Mamiya 330 for convenience! He processed his own color and derided the idea of digital!

Which lab in LA do you use! It woukd be good to know. I shoot LF film and with a Bronica SQ, but not for years!

Asher

John Miller

Well your father in law was smart! The Mama f330 was a great camera to use for portraits because you had two lenses, one for viewing and one for exposure.

I use the TheDarkroom, they do a really good job of processing, scanning the film plus the online storage is great to have for your images. They
process both b/w and color, all processes. (dip and dunk) 35, 120, sheet film including 8x10. You should give them a try also they have a pretty fast turnaround.

I hope this helps!

John

Seems incredible to own a hasselblad and have your own darkroom etc., I would love to give it a try. I do think we should use whatever we have and can afford, and I can only afford digital. I would love to try my hand at working in a darkroom though, seems
it must be exciting to be so hands on. How fortunate you are :-0 Maggie ... and those oranges looks so yummy! :) Maggie

John Miller

I don't own a darkroom in my house anymore. It's been converted into storage but the water lines and electrical outlets plus I have all the
equipment to put it back into a working darkroom.

You know you could sign up for a photography course at a local school most of them still have working darkrooms.

The Hasselblad gear is what I still have from my working days as a photographer. It's just a couple of bodies and a few lenses.

John

Thanks John, but I live in a relatively small town, 6 hours from Montreal, and there is nothing like that where I live. Understandably as there would not be enough students for it to be cost effective.

If I lived close to the big city, it would be an easy feat. It's just something that I think I would have liked, but I still enjoy photography as I can now. Thanks :) Maggie

TimTom42

Seems incredible to own a hasselblad and have your own darkroom etc.,soga miniatures I would love to give it a try. I do think we should use whatever we have and can afford, and I can only afford digital.https://sharpedgeshop.com/ I would love to try my hand at working in a darkroom though, seems
it must be exciting to be so hands on. How fortunate you are :-0 Maggie ... and those oranges looks so yummy! :) Maggie
Hey Maggie, it's great you have such a passion for photography - it's exciting to be so hands on! I agree, it's important to make the most of what you have and can afford. The great thing about photography is that it can be done with virtually any equipment. Even with digital, you can still get some amazing shots! Have you checked out any online tutorials? There are plenty of resources available to learn the basics of darkroom photography. Good luck and happy shooting!

Last edited: