• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Targeted Advertising - WHAT!!!!

Robert Watcher

It’s crazy.

It appears that you don’t even need to type in searches to get Targeted Advertising on Instagram!

Anne and I went to the Tienda down the street and bought these exact ice cream bars last night —— and look what shows up on my Instagram Feed this afternoon. No Lies. We didn’t even talk about them - just rolled back the wrapper and ate them.

Instagram knows what we are eating. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

(It’s fact - but I’m not serious - just a funny ironic situation)

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Robert,

Consider, your phone lings at every location!
Sometimes via other folks phones too. That’s how iPhones “Find my Phone” works!

So, they have your location and that of the store, ??

They know how long you were there and if you sat on a bench of which the know the location too!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I freely give my family my passwords. There’s so much data there! They’d have to be forensic detectives to get anything on me, LOL!

This way, no one looks at my phone!

Asher

Jerome Marot

I freely give my family my passwords. There’s so much data there! They’d have to be forensic detectives to get anything on me, LOL!

In which case, you may be interested in the following: a project called Track This fools ad-tracking firms into thinking you have lots of cash, by opening many web pages at shops favoured by the wealthy. More here.

sahabarun

Your phone is a perfect tracking device, especially if it’s always connected to Wi-Fi. The corporation collects all the information about you they can – location, preferences, recent purchases, movements, and so on. they don’t even try to hide it because I’ve always noticed these “coincidences.” I just hope my personal info is not leaked somewhere else and is used for advertising only.
On the other hand, it helps more people buy what they need/want and eases their search through the web. It’s good for people who struggle to sell something online and even have to hire services like https://famoid.com/buy-instagram-likes/ to help them boost their social media. Instagram is a huge marketplace, and there should be something to move it forward.

Last edited: