• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Testing attachments

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Doug Kerr raised an important issue as to how we embed a video like this by

1. simply pasting the url.

2. If that doesn’t work,

Select the word “Video” that you type and use the “paper clip” symbol, (4th from top right in the menu bar),

And voila......

Watch this Video

3. Alternatively use the ... and down arrow, “drop-down” menu on the bottom left of the menu bar

and choose media and use the space to insert the URL of the video in any one of our XenForo-forum-bulletin-software “approved” hosting sites.

It works! ?

4. The “Attach File Button”: Also, if the video is compressed to something less than about 3/4 MB, you can “Attach” it using the “Attach File” button below!

Good luck!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Aha! I got it. The trick is that I must actually put "human text" in the Text field of the Insert Link dialog and not leave it blank so it will (by default) use the URL as the human text. It is seemingly that "readable" URL that makes the system put the video up in a player in the post, which in some cases I do not want.

This should be such a link:

Gert van Hoef organ concert

But if you do want the video to appear in a player in the post (very nice in many cases), then just drop the URL into the post text, or use the Insert Link dialog and leave the Text field blank.

Best regards,

Doug