• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The artist and her work

Antonio Correia

i-6FDBqGL-X4.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Antonio,

This is so fresh!

Beautiful mastery of plant forms. What’s her name and what do we know about her body of work?

Asher

Antonio Correia

She has beautiful work but before I give you the correct answer (I know in Portuguese but not sure in English) here is a view of some of her other works

i-9R5txj5-X4.jpg

Antonio Correia

I called the husband of the lady who told me that several techniques are involved among them hatching, silkscreen and engraving.
I am sure the techniques are correctly named as he speaks superbly coloquial English as his work required in UK.

Asher Kelman

I listened in Portuguese, Antonio and lament that I only can identify a few words like blanque and natura!

Damn, why did I learn just French, German and Hebrew as foreign languages!

I haven’t as yet found a link to her work in English!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Biography:
Born in Lisbon, graduated in Mathematics from the University of Coimbra. Training and Artistic Activity: Painting, Drawing, H. Art, Aesthetics and Curatorship at SNBA and CCB, Lisbon | Engraving in the PR studio, Cascais; Edinburgh Printmakers, Edinburgh; AGAF, Diferença and FBAUL, Lisbon; Headquarters, Porto; Guard Museum. Member of the National Society of Fine Arts (SNBA) and the Água-Forte Engraving Association (AGAF). He develops and exhibits individual and collective, national and international projects in the field of Engraving. Present in Engraving/Graphic Works Biennials, as selected or invited in Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Belgium, Macedonia, India and Japan