• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Judges Picks: Pet Photographs

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is for professional photographers of pets and everyone else.[

Don's pictures show one can photograph ones loved pets as thoughtfully as when we make portraits of a movie star!

We are thoughtful in other photography: a model, star, child, executive or a passer by. We attempt to capture and make an image of stunning beauty, impressive attitiude and that chance moment.

No less with pets.

We are here at OPF. We must encourage moving away from poor quality.

"OPF is our arc of intent and/ vision to something of value: meaning, beauty, commerce or joy."©

We'll select and post images of pets here that are very special. Our selections will be based on creative and technical quality. Your best pictures might end up here!

Most pictures won't make it!

Asher

Mary Bull

Asher Kelman said:
This is for professional photographers of pets and everyone else.[
We'll select and post images here that are very special. This will be ongoing and will evolve and improve. This is where your best pictures might end up![/COLOR]
I am looking forward to seeing these with great anticipation.

Most pictures won't make it!

That's the point. Give me something to aspire to. Show me how to do it.

I'm on a learning curve and having a ball! (sphere doesn't quite fit the idiom--but as soon as I saw "curve," after I typed it, I thought of the beautiful curvature of the earth, as seen in images from outer space)

Well, I won't get a chance to shoot that, but I can get closer to a decent image of my black cat, and learn some other things about improving both my inner eye and my outer technique, also!

I am ecstatically happy!

Mary