• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Warning: and are NSFW. Threads may start of as text only but then pictures could be added as part of a discussion or to make some point. This is not for family viewing without a parent's consent and supervision. If you are under age 18, please do not use this section
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The reference to HUNAYN

I am no expert in these matters, and only since a few years I have developed a somewhat deeper interest in an attempt to better understand the people in this part of the world.

It was reported that the House of Saud is preparing armed forces for the worst case scenario, and all protests allegedly were banned as well.

From what I read, the opposing Shia in the east of the country refer to their protest as the Hunayn Revolution perhaps referring to the ancient text of the 9th Sura in the Qur'an, I am not sure about that, but certainly referring to the battle at Hunayn, which in itself could be interpreted as a strong message, depicting the serious intentions behind.

[9:25] GOD has granted you victory in many situations. But on the day of Hunayn, you became too proud of your great number. Consequently, it did not help you at all, and the spacious earth became so straitened around you, that you turned around and fled.

[9:26] Then GOD sent down contentment upon His messenger and upon the believers. And He sent down invisible soldiers; He thus punished those who disbelieved. This is the requital for the disbelievers.

x x x x​

With a great smile I heard that the director of the London School of Economics, the breeding ground for the next generation of Bilderberg members had to resign due to the Gadaffi Link.

It is not only economics that is taught in this elitist establishment, and people such as our very own Peter Sutherland, ex State Attorney, Goldman Sucks member and so much more sits on the board of LSE, and was very busy behind the scenes to advise the Irish government to burden Irish taxpayers with the gambling debts of banksters. No surprise to me really.

x x x x​

The reference to Hunayn also seems to point to the historical split of Shia and Sunni. I am writing my thoughts here in the spirit of promoting unity and peace, of course with the strong limitations of a foreigner and with very little insight or education on the matters.

However, it is my deepest wish that the spirit and wisdom of people such as the Dalai Lama may guide the forces at play, and not the short lived but powerful flames of anger and hate.

Freedom is a very powerful motivator.

I think it is much more than that, and it clearly needs to be understood in context. Perhaps it would be good to remember that only in 2008 we celebrated 60 years of the universal declaration of human rights.

http://www.un.org/arabic/events/humanrights/udhr60/

http://www.un.org/events/humanrights/udhr60/

Peace
Georg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Georg,

Thank you for your thoughtful essay.

However, it is my deepest wish that the spirit and wisdom of people such as the Dalai Lama may guide the forces at play, and not the short lived but powerful flames of anger and hate.
An op-ed essay in the new York Times today, discussing the waxing and waning of the "Tea Party", made the point (and here I paraphrase) that hate can fuel many processes, but its nature is such that the burning of a large amount of it can only lead to a small amount of actual movement.

A tragedy of much of modern life is that those who find themselves unable to actually cure some ailment of society (not at all necessarily due to their own limitations, but rather due to the intractability of many of these problems) will often, as Carla and I say, "grab some handle they can reach and twist it".

A particularly silly example is when, a while ago, someplace in California, bidders on a large system of computers were told that they may not, in describing the hierarchical relationships between entities in the network in their proposals, or in the system documentation, use the terms "master and slave", as the appearance of such words is insulting to those whose forbears suffered under the economic system of slavery.

But I digress.

Perhaps the most disappointing thread that runs through many activities today, including those of government (and politics, which sadly is not about "governing") is the lack of what we simplistically call "humanity".

Best regards,

Doug

I'd sign that, there is a great lack of basic ethics existing in deed.

What I find rather difficult to come to conclusions to is the real position of the Saudi King. Some claim that the family holds strong Wahhabism leaned views, which if it is true would complicated matters a lot of course.

They are based on ideas of the rather strange personality of a fanatic called Muhammad Ibn Abd al-Wahhab who formed an alliance with the Saud's, but as this was 250 years ago I might have been mistaken to think that this is of lesser relevance today.

I am also not certain if this is the same line of thought that is often referred to as Salafism, certainly a radical and violent variety strain of Islamic belief systems existing and anything but desirable imho.

In my own world, any form of religious extremism that operates by theocratic oppression should be abolished and rejected as a legitimate form of religious exercise and practice as it is based on principles that are totally contradicting to the universal human rights declaration, and used for purposes of power dynamics, control and oppression.

Peaceful co-existance of belief systems should be the goal, and not medieval forms of human exploitation and totalitarian control.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Georg,

I'd sign that, there is a great lack of basic ethics existing in deed.
. . . .
In my own world, any form of religious extremism that operates by theocratic oppression should be abolished and rejected as a legitimate form of religious exercise and practice as it is based on principles that are totally contradicting to the universal human rights declaration, and used for purposes of power dynamics, control and oppression.
Indeed, if organized religion had been invented by "God" and not by man (that being a gender-neutral term) we might have hope for that.

Best regards,

Doug

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
I think that even, as I do, you do believe in the word of G-d, the interpretation towards hatred has always been mankinds perogative and almost always (probably always) for ulterior motives. Power, money, etc, pick your poison.

Libyan Air force assets approx.:

100x MiG 21, -23
15x Mirage F-1
40x Su-22

Couple of Bombers and Heli Schwadron

1. Massive sea based launch gets rid of known SAM's and Radarinstallations
2. Attack airfields and strike against all airforce assets

Forget about the No Fly Zone idea, decapitate the snake instead.

As long as "Who has sand in his skull" still holds his air force assets, he can cause massacres and destruction. Without his air force, large portions of his loyal army will be demoralized as well.

Don Ferguson Jr.

The last thing we want to think about is any kind of military intervention," Kerry told CBS' Bob Schieffer. "And I don't consider the no-fly zone stepping over that line."

Kerry is such an idiot . No John it would be an act of war ! Lord help us after Gates leaves.