• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Shapes of Spring

The sun is shining out there today but we still have so much snow. I did a shoot this morning of green apples, and although the images we good or okay, nothing really excited me about them. When I went to post-process them, I got distracted by images taken of tulips a couple of weeks ago and I played there instead. I found this one image where I loved the shapes created, the texture of the tulips and the glass bottles but found that the color was distracting and by turning them black and white, I could keep the focus where I wanted. So, I'm sharing it with you; I hope you enjoy it too! :) Maggie

theshapesofspring.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A very precise analytical view of spring beauty. This is meticulous work and shows your skill in arrangements.

The sun is shining out there today but we still have so much snow. I did a shoot this morning of green apples, and although the images we good or okay, nothing really excited me about them. When I went to post-process them, I got distracted by images taken of tulips a couple of weeks ago and I played there instead. I found this one image where I loved the shapes created, the texture of the tulips and the glass bottles but found that the color was distracting and by turning them black and white, I could keep the focus where I wanted. So, I'm sharing it with you; I hope you enjoy it too! :) Maggie

theshapesofspring.jpg

I try with my flowers but you and Wolfgang Plattner seem to excel by instinct!

I was surprised by the B&W, but there is a lot of contrasting textures, form, shape and shading that hiding color provides a deeper examination of your compositions strengths.

Asher

A very precise analytical view of spring beauty. This is meticulous work and shows your skill in arrangements.

I try with my flowers but you and Wolfgang Plattner seem to excel by instinct!

I was surprised by the B&W, but there is a lot of contrasting textures, form, shape and shading that hiding color provides a deeper examination of your compositions strengths.

Asher

Thank you, Asher and I will admit, composition for me is very instinctual. I don't really think about it too much, I just move things until they appeal to me. I don't know about Wolfgang, but I think he may also be this way. :) Maggie

Great black and white Maggie ! :)
This time a black and white instead of the usual color...
:)

Thank you, Antonio. I do both, and it always depends on different factors. Sometimes you need the color to be removed to appreciate the composition and the textures. I think anyways. It's like some street photography, where when you want to focus on a human reaction etc., sometimes taking away the color helps focus on that, as the color can overwhelm the situation. Both can be beautiful but bring the eye and mind to a different place. Thank you for taking a look! :) Maggie