• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Theme: Henna

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Henna (Arabic: حِنَّاء‎), also known as Mehndi, is a dye prepared from the plant Lawsonia inermis, also known as hina, the henna tree, the mignonette tree, and the Egyptian privet,[1] the sole species of the genus Lawsonia.

There was a wedding at the beachside hotel in Los Cabos, Mexico and numerous young woman were sporting intricate henna decorations on their hands and wrists.

A henna artist had decorated them all and now they were lounging around and in the pool and showing off their decorations!

Asher Kelman: Wedding Guest

I love the look!

I still can’t help admiring the effort and artistry in drawing these patterns!

Do you have perhaps wedding photos with classical henna decorations or perhaps used with other customs?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher Kelman: “Henna Delight”

Several were from Los Angeles. Strong self-confident women!

Asher

Asher Kelman

That's new to me. Temporary "tattoo" originating in the Middle East made from Lawsonia inermis the henna plant.
Thanks for visiting, Peter!

Henna decoration is part of Indian weddings in particular. Some artists are highly sought after and respected. No equivalent in Meso-American cultures?

Asher