• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: This is the place

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Yesterday a photographer sent me an email with a full thread full of images for criqitue. Not a link to a webpage. I met the photographer here via OPF and I want to send an open letter. It applies to many of you.

If you want critique - post it here. Create a web space to do it. It can be SmugMug, Picasa, Flickr, Pbase or self hosted. I don't want to archive your photos on my computer and I don't want the risk of a hitchhiking virus or worm because you added 10 attachments to your email. Practice safe sex. er, I mean safe email - be kind and polite buy not bogging down my email.

Yes, you are my friend. I am going to be harsher on you by email than by board. By board, you will have multiple opinions - not just mine. It's a kinder, gentler critque with many eyes and visions and many more experienced than mine.

Thank you for thinking highly of my vision. But, share the wealth. Everyone benefits when you share in public.

Thanks for listeining.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yesterday a photographer sent me an email with a full thread full of images for criqitue. Not a link to a webpage. I met the photographer here via OPF and I want to send an open letter. It applies to many of you.

Hi Kathy,

You're absolutely right that in objecting to unwanted loads of images. I also received the same set of images and shortly afterwards a telephone call to get my impressions. Now, It took only a few minutes and that was that. I bother because the pictures are better dealt in private. Some are trashy and some a worthy of improving. For sure folk could learn from his efforts in lighting models outside day and night. What he's doing in fact, is attempting to filter his work before getting it online.

Still, I'd far rather he posted on "Riskit!" and others could help too. Your harsh critique would be to good purpose when such images are posted in OPF. We'd find the good and expose the errors and that's how we all benefit.

Asher