• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Robert Watcher

Being that I currently have little to photograph, I have been revisiting my huge collection of images from my 13 years in Central America photographing and documenting the people, activities, cultures and landscapes.

I do have to say that my new editing software with its amazing versatility in adding effects and manipulating, has allowed me to revitalize many images which were basic clean documentary style photographs - most of which I didn’t bother showing online previously.

I worked on these files this morning, where I was privileged to meet and photograph the instrument makers in 3 different shops in Nicaragua. By adding layers of texture, haze and flare, tonal & colour adjustments - the results have atmosphere and character that make these shots more valuable to me.

804B635C-A38C-45FA-9E49-D071B951ACC3.jpeg
50E0077D-0C12-4414-8A5E-4BD5FB02AECB.jpeg
2BDD2158-3669-4600-9362-1A94F38F410A.jpeg
52D6C0E5-0CAE-44EB-8D23-69FB100C7834.jpeg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
“By adding layers of texture, haze and flare, tonal & colour adjustments - the results have atmosphere and character that make these shots more valuable to me.”

Yes, Robert!

These are such effective enhancements. In a way, this reminds me the historical progress in photography period with so many inventions to downgrade the clear pristine evenly illuminated images that the new portrait optics delivered at the beginning g of thr 20th Century. Then came soft focus inventions with even the appearance of a spinning blade built into the expensive lens to create defocus!

Asher