• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Tough Job, tough man, touch machine...

fahim mohammed

p209900693.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nigel Allan

I find it hard to comment in any meaningful way since I have no idea what I am looking at, but I suppose that in itself is a comment if you haven't communicated to me what about it is so tough etc.

I appreciate you didn't put it up for C&C but I feel the title leads you to expect more visual explanation

Doug Kerr

I find it hard to comment in any meaningful way since I have no idea what I am looking at, but I suppose that in itself is a comment if you haven't communicated to me what about it is so tough etc.

Looks like an open-back punch press (possibly inclinable), evidently belt driven from a lineshaft.

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Nigel, thanks for your comments. You are absolutely correct. My photograph lacks the visual information that one would expect from the title, and which is crucial for a photo to say something.

I appreciate your input as this shall help me design my photographs better.

Btw, the photo was taken in the engine room of a ferry.

regards.

I appreciate you didn't put it up for C&C but I feel the title leads you to expect more visual explanation

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fahim,

I was trying to identify the machine. I just saw that there was some hydraulic line, he was working levers and that the machine rotated. however, there's not enough of it to gather an identity. It's impressive for sure, as the machine parts are massive and it looks like they move a heavy load. His expression shows he has to use some judgement to control the machine with those huge levers.

Without the bright red, I wonder how it might be?

Asher

Paul Abbott

Its a great document, Fahim. I don't need to know about what type of machine it is, its man and machine as far as i'm concerned. I like the confusion in this, along with the blurred areas of the photograph. Nice one.

The only niggle I have is with the mans face, I would just like to see a little more of it. I'd like to see a B&W version too.

Rachel Foster

As is my bias, I barely noticed the machine, but my eyes went straight to (and stayed on) the man. I like the image, the story it tells, but wish it were a touch less grainy. Still, you work with the conditions at hand. I like it.

fahim mohammed

Asher, Paul, Rachel and Doug..

grateful to you folks for stopping by and giving me of your time.

Asher: I did try to change the reds, but my skills were not worth showing!

Paul: Thank you for your kind words.

Rachel: The human presence has a very strong pull in a photograph. The strongest is the human face,
and specially the eyes. They are as you and me agree elsewhere ( ! ) define us as a people.

Doug: You did extremely well, almost there. me I would have not known where to begin to identify the
contraption!

Your comments are the fuel for me. Once again, thanks.