• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Trona Pinnacles - light & shadow play

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
trona-pinnacles.jpg

For the full sequence click here.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
trona-pinnacles.jpg

For the full sequence click here.

Rajan,

This one picture is indeed fun and also a surprise and a delight. The lit mountain range revealed beyond the dark foreground is unexpected and so well drawn here. The tall sky is just right to balance the low lying unusual layering of dark, light and dark rocks. Thanks for giving me a wonderful experience without paying the fare money!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Rajan,

I'd love to comment but I'm prohibited by the prefix that is assigned: Just for Fun No C&C will be given.

Best regards,

Doug

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
Hi, Rajan,

I'd love to comment but I'm prohibited by the prefix that is assigned: Just for Fun No C&C will be given.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug,

I didn't know this. Please comment in any way you wish! My view is that what one shares publicly is by default comment-able.

Larry Brown

Wow! Shades of Ansel!(hope you don't take offense for my reference) Love the way you have exposed this image and the detail that is present, nice work Rajan! Looks like you waited for the light but would like to know how you set up for this shot. Just lovely!

Larry

Moonrise at Trona Pinnacles.

trona-moonrise.jpg

For the other image in the series, see this.

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
Wow! Shades of Ansel!(hope you don't take offense for my reference) Love the way you have exposed this image and the detail that is present, nice work Rajan! Looks like you waited for the light but would like to know how you set up for this shot. Just lovely!

Larry

Larry,

Isn't saying an image is Ansel Adam-esque a compliment? What am I missing? :)

I set up the shoot just like I described in the link below. The location os the shot is seen in the very first photograph there -

http://www.parrikar.com/blog/2010/04/16/light-and-shadow-at-the-trona-pinnacles

Nichole Lampron

Those are both wonderful images. I like the others in both series, you have a wonderful eye.

I love the moon in the second image you posted. It gives it a nice little counter point to the mountain range.