• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Two views of downtown London Ontario

Robert Watcher

Until yesterday, I had no idea that there is one specific location with a slightly higher vantage point - where you can view the skyline of the city of London, Ontario. I was actually surprised to find such a view, right in the middle of a town Byron, that London has expanded into. But even more surprised, that the section of high rises was so far away from where I set up my camera and that all the streets and houses in the city of 400,000 were hidden by trees.

it was bitter cold and the very strong wind was blowing my lightweight tripod and camera with long lens around, requiring me to use a high shutterspeed. Hopping back in the warm car, we drove back through the streets to the downtown area for a shot using Olympus’ Live Composition to build up the lights. Fortunately I managed to find a 6 foot high mound of dirt in an empty parking lot beside the railway tracks. Climbing up this and setting my tripod up on top, allowed me to get the camera overtop of the high protective fence.

Both of these are very different views of the London skyline, that I haven’t seen before:

84DA696A-57BC-4AD5-9A4E-392AD49C722A.jpeg

258A6588-3FF1-4C88-BDD2-D1A9FB97423B.jpeg