• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

UDMA CF cards… and Sinarback eMotion 75 LV

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I just received a brand new SANDISK 16GB Extreme IV CF Card… and now I can shoot 239 uncompressed images !
This a card from the new serie and they have a pretty good speed…

Please note that on the contrary of what's stated in the specs of Sinar's website for the back,
On-board data storage:
- Solid-state memory 6 GB (for up to 85 uncompressed or 160 compressed images)
- Optionally, additional interchangeable Compact Flash Card of up to 8 GB (for up to further 120 uncompressed or 220 compressed images)
you can have more than 8Gb in your digital back's belly :-D

Yes, it does work with 16 GB CF cards, however not yet updated in our webpage or other docs (I have asked) since no specific tests have been made yet with 16 GB cards to be able to say so.

Best regards,
Thierry

I just received a brand new SANDISK 16GB Extreme IV CF Card… and now I can shoot 239 uncompressed images !
This a card from the new serie and they have a pretty good speed…

Please note that on the contrary of what's stated in the specs of Sinar's website for the back, you can have more than 8Gb in your digital back's belly :-D

BTW: if the writing speed of the new SANDISK 16GB Extreme IV is not that much faster than the equivalent 8 GB CF card, then I would strongly recommend to rather use 2 x 8 GB cards, even if a bit more expensive, for obvious reasons that if the 16 GB goes down, than all is lost.

Best regards,
Thierry

nicolas claris

Well; I never had any Sandisk failure (except ones due to user's fault)…

When you're in action, wether it is on a chase boat or in helicopter, you may be happy not to have to change the CF card (strangely they are always full when you need them!)

But this is my experience, I wouldn't like to push others to the fault…

Sure Nicolas, I am always too careful, having heard about so many "accidents" with CF cards, altough I must admit never having experienced any failure either, yet.

Thierry

Well; I never had any Sandisk failure (except ones due to user's fault)…

When you're in action, wether it is on a chase boat or in helicopter, you may be happy not to have to change the CF card (strangely they are always full when you need them!)

But this is my experience, I wouldn't like to push others to the fault…

nicolas claris

BTW: if the writing speed of the new SANDISK 16GB Extreme IV is not that much faster than the equivalent 8 GB CF car

According to Sandisk website (sandisk.com):
The SanDisk Extreme IV CompactFlash memory card have
fast read/write speed of up to 40MB/second (4GB & 8GB) and 45MB/second (16GB)

As far as I remember the previous series of Extreme IV CF Card (4GB & 8GB) were about 30MB/second…