• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Unconfirmed but promising...

Jason C Doss

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1030&message=19430961

Not sure if this picture is legit, but it's been a secret fantasy of mine for about a year. :):)

sigma50150.jpg

Nill Toulme

What's the aperture on that 50-150? Is that a full frame lens? A 35-135 or 50-150 f/2L IS has long been a fantasy of my own, as the ultimate high school basketball lens.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Jason C Doss

Nill Toulme said:
What's the aperture on that 50-150? Is that a full frame lens? A 35-135 or 50-150 f/2L IS has long been a fantasy of my own, as the ultimate high school basketball lens.

Nill, this is an f/2.8 constant aperture 50-150 DC lens for 1.5x sensors. Even though I've never used a 1D, I've always been curious to know how these DC lenses work with 1.3x sensors.

Jason C Doss said:
Nill, this is an f/2.8 constant aperture 50-150 DC lens for 1.5x sensors. Even though I've never used a 1D, I've always been curious to know how these DC lenses work with 1.3x sensors.
Apparently the Sigma DC lenses won't work with 1.3x sensors. Several of Sigma's Web pages talk about the "DC" lenses working with cameras with APC-C size sensors, which excludes the 1D series. For example, Sigma's Lens Chart Web page says in a footnote, "DC lenses: ... An image sensor element larger than than those corresponding to APS-C cannot be used in digital cameras or 35mm film cameras. If such an element is used vignetting will occur for digital cameras."

I've read that the mirror will hit the back of Canon's EF-S mount lenses if the lens is mounted on cameras with sensors larger than APS-C.

Bob

Tom Yi