• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Unexpected portrait

Nigel Allan

I have not been active for a while and haven't picked up my camera in ages but I was out with it the other day in Bangkok with my son and grabbed this quick shot on the escalator at Central Embassy one of the most upmarket malls here.

Nikon D300

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have not been active for a while and haven't picked up my camera in ages but I was out with it the other day in Bangkok with my son and grabbed this quick shot on the escalator at Central Embassy one of the most upmarket malls here.

Nikon D300

A fine young man, Nigel! Warm and very healthy looking with a great future, for sure! Glad you had your camera with you.

I'm reminded of the Munich metro stations by the modern architecture in Michael's work[/url]. Do you use it's pop-up flash? Amazing how 12 MP is just "ordinary"! I remember my wife asking why on earth I needed the 8MP of the Canon 1DII!

Why on earth we "need" even more pixels for most photography is not a question folk ask today. But do you also happen to have a camera you can slip into your pocket without arousing angst in the shopping mall?

Asher

Nigel Allan

Actually had I thought about it this would have been a good reason to use fill-in flash as the dynamic range here is great and I have had to play with this a little to get him to look normal and not too dark. I am no expert in PP but I can do simple stuff so I pushed it more than one stop and pulled back the highlights and whites etc