• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Untitled III

Cem_Usakligil

f09305.jpg

Thanks for looking. C&C is welcome.

Cheers,

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Colored B&W! Lol
You want to please both world my friend!

Nice shot, nice path…

What happened to the white ceiling?

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Cem
thanks for the explanation.
The too small/web version doesn't do justice to your image then, needs a fairly large print!

Thanks for sharing!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A bit noisy but nice!

What did you expect, it was shot using ISO 6400!!! ;-)
And I did not do any specific noise reduction, yet. Just the sliders in LR3.

Cheers,

f09305.jpg

Here's an example where focus on noise is not so significant, in fact one might consider it a different type of texture.

The picture is great and the noise is unimportant to the composition. Look at the picture. See the massive dimensions of the spaces. The lone person experiencing the art on the right in the darkness. The folk on the left side in the brightness. Two complementary spaces, one public and one private. Totally different forms balancing one another.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Cem, I do not have the knowledge to critique. If something appeals to me it does. Why ? I do not care.

This capture catches my attention and holds it. Beautiful is all I can say.

Regards.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Nicolas,
I thought you were a DXOer…
I am indeed a DxOer (as well as a LR'er and a C1Pro'er, etc), but I mostly use it when I do final pp for my works. LR, on the other hand, is used on a daily basis due to the fact that it is my DAM program and delivers very good results and is very easy to use. My workflow is automated such that I can create jpg files including frames, watermarking and IPTC info. So in this case, I was just testing the waters with this concept, to see if it works. If it does, I will of course redo the post processing using DxO as well as the Denoise5 from Topaz Labs.

Here's an example where focus on noise is not so significant, in fact one might consider it a different type of texture.

Hi Asher,
The picture is great and the noise is unimportant to the composition. Look at the picture. See the massive dimensions of the spaces. The lone person experiencing the art on the right in the darkness. The folk on the left side in the brightness. Two complementary spaces, one public and one private. Totally different forms balancing one another.
Thanks for the kind comments. I fully agree with the principle thinking. The elements of the picture such as the composition and light are the most important. We can live with the noise and other technical shortcomings when a picture is good in those areas. However, the noise can still render it useless in case I want to print this large. And I think that it would benefit from being printed large. So in the end, I will reprocess it at one time or another.

Most importantly, I have posted this work in progress version in order to get feedback from OPFers. Does the composition and the distribution of the light and dark areas work well as presented? If not, how can it be improved?

Cheers,

Charlotte Thompson

Cem

I like this photo
it has a certain feel to it like a sort of magic trick
the 2 sides is the light trick-
Well done Mr Magic!

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
f09305.jpg

Asher

Let me add as follows.

Printing large: I doubt that noise is going to take away from the picture printed large. In any case it can be ameliorated. My considered view is that a large print will be dominated by the intimacy on the right and openness on the left.

I'd relook at the tonalities on the left and consider isolating each wall and allocate a degree of brightness that is needed, not what you happen to have captured. It will all seem bright on the left, but I think it dimensionality and form in space must be dynamic and bold to give a feeling of spaciousness that goes on for ever, just us darkness has no limits.The darker area is close to perfect. Still, you might just bring out the edge of her form a tad.

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Asher,

...I'd relook at the tonalities on the left and consider isolating each wall and allocate a degree of brightness that is needed, not what you happen to have captured. It will all seem bright on the left, but I think it dimensionality and form in space must be dynamic and bold to give a feeling of spaciousness that goes on for ever, just us darkness has no limits.The darker area is close to perfect. Still, you might just bring out the edge of her form a tad.
You have a good eye (which we already knew) and you have put your finger on the weaker spots indeed. Actually, I have spent quite some time to get the tonalities on the right look like this whereas I have done next to nothing on the left hand side. There you go, it shows!

Thanks.